Monday, August 3, 2009

July Challenge on Etsy for the Pagan Street Team and more!

As I have noted before I belong to several (4) Street Teams on www.Etsy.com. I have also mentioned working on challenges for these very different teams. We the recent reference to the Fiber Arts Street Team challenge ideas didn't get loud enough to get completed in time.I was also working on an entry for the Pagan Team July Challenge. It isn't fully completed either, fortunately this being the first challenge in a while they allowed us to enter an item we already had so I took advantage of this option. The Challenge theme is- Roots & Shoots, Buds & Blooms… In any manner you wish to express please create something to reflect the herbal nature of this month’s theme! There are 11 entries! Each is unique unto its own art form! This is fun but also makes it a challenge to select your favorite! Good Luck!
Please vote on the Team blog for your selection of the entry that meats the theme best! Each of us was asked to express why our entry is representative of the theme, it is interesting to see all the interpretations! The Voting is found here: www.paganteam.blogspot.com Voting begins on August 4th and will only run through August 6th! Get your vote in!

Now for the more!

I am feeling bold. I have entered 3 quilts in the Tacoma, Washington Innovations Quilt show! The web page is: www.mqinnovations.com It is specifically for machine quilters, professional long arm users all the way to me, a home machine quilter! Some day I will have a short arm machine with a much bigger area to quilt in! I have quilts in the Contemporary/Art category- In My Image: Maiden, Mother, Crone, the Fabric Challenge- Spin Off, still under construction, and one in the Challenge Series #6- Scraps, Stash, UQPs- Gypsy Rose. Begun originally for an EAST Challenge (Earthpath Artisans Street Team) on Etsy, when I deviated and did the ACEO series, this is the one I was pushing to finish as the above noted July challenge for the Pagan Team on Etsy! This went on hold when I decided to actually enter the fabric challenge knowing they might want to see a picture of the quilt! I was fast and furious designing and piecing and then realized they are going to want the picture for identification purposes, what they really needed was the entry form so my information could be in the program, but I did need to have a pretty good estimate of the dimensions, so good to get it designed! I am at the border stage in designing and it is a fun challenge. I ran out of the challenge fabric, a beautiful batik from Sew Batik www.sewbatik.com they have some of the most amazing fabrics! I also chose to use only 3 other colors, one of which I knew was limited to a small role as I had only a small piece left, it was used up in the first design element phase! This leaves me with 2 fabrics and about 3 pieces of 4inch X15inch piece of challenge fabric! I want a 12 inch border on the top, and 6 total for the main part of the sides... not sure it's enough, it's a challenge! I am having fun!

I finished the beading on the mountain element some time ago. I am stuck on how, hand or machine, and what, fancy stitch or beads or both, and then what about the sky? So it may be a while before I get back to that one! :)

Still no glass cutting.... high on the list though, would like some things done for the Olympia Family Barter Fair, www.oly-wa.us/olybarter/Home.php ,the beginning of September. Along with art and other utility items I am planing... I want to finish a few of the quilt tops I have, good time to teach myself to machine quilt better. Speaking of, I think I'll quilt a bit before sleep calls!

No comments: