Monday, June 16, 2008

Catch up

I have been spending the last week catching up! I was out of town on a family emergency for 2 weeks and life has a way of going on with out you but requiring you pick up the pieces!

Besides the day to day stuff, I have been working on a June "heroes" challenge for Etsy FAST Street Team. It is a aprox. 20" X 40" bargello depicting the 'Star Spangled Banner' and still in need of borders and embellishment!

I have also been seriously brainstorming for the etsy EAST Street Team challenge, "Gypsy." Currently I plan on using a few elements I created for the QA 'Remember Me' challenge when I made kaleidoscope 'stars' (pentagons) from a ton of different fabrics looking for the elements to use in that challenge! You can see the results here :http://www.quiltart.com/challenges/RM/index.html
it is about half way down the page.

To add to the fun I am trying to get a baby quilt made for a co-worker who's shower is Sunday! There are not enough hours in my day!

I listed a set of hexagon "Hexes" on etsy this weekend. They are the result of using the leavings from the bed sized quilts I made in 2000. I kept the scraps together and each one brings back the memories of making the mother quilt! A fun experience for me. I have had intentions to continue this series, but 6 years later I have moved on to other projects. I may return, we will see!

I am off to explore the options on Blogger, wish me luck in figuring out the best way to post the EAST challenge!

Bright Blessings to all!

No comments: