Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Harvest Challenge voting complete

Well, I am pleased to have the privilege of receiving the most votes cast in the Harvest Challenge. The running was very close between a few of us. I suspect my nudge over the top has to do with the email I sent out to my family and friends. A reflection of my wanting to boast and show off what I am doing! Making the win an interesting potential for the continued sending of my "Shameless self promotion" email when I want to share what I have been doing with the limited circle that is my 'comunity'. I know I missed at least one family members address... (Note to self: work on a possible email group titled Shameless! I did ask if they wanted to be removed from my posting of these shout outs they were invited to do so.)


It is also an opportunity for them to visit the wonderful art on Etsy! Often I find myself pulled in by one person's work. Sometimes it feels like I'm wandering through an art gallery, especially when I view it in 'gallery' rather than 'list' view. http://www.etsy.com/ I love the sense of being in on others expressions of the passion they feel inside!


Haven't steam blocked Rose yet, but Spin Off is nearly ready to bind! I have to have them all ready to go a week from today! This has made me much more forgiving of my developing skill with the ratio of my needle's speed to the speed I move the quilt. I know one thing, the smaller the whole quilt the easier to manipulate. A measure that increases exponentially in the negative way! If I continue to have a desire to create these bigger pieces I will try a few 'quilt as you go' techniques. I made several quilts that way in the 80's & 90's. A bit more difficult to construct a unique whole in pieces! I'm playing with one right now that will use a set of stacked & slashed hexegons I have had a difficult time placing.


I don't think I ever look at a piece of fabric or other patterns found around me with out trying to imagine the possible kaelidoscope images it could create! Probably the same thing that keeps me buying blue and white fabric as well as autums amazing color way! Back to the quilting!


So I said an image of the Rose...
I know I'm working large when the finished quilt doesn't fit on my design wall!

No comments: