Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In My Image Maiden, Mother, Crone


I decided to no longer wait for the challenge this quilt was made for to get posted on line. I listed it this morning in my Etsy shop, you can see it in the side bar to the right, and I am going to try to upload a larger image for the blog. Just in case the girl sells and she isn't in the side bar any longer! That or I have listed new stuff and she would be further down the page on my Etsy shop.

This quilt was made in response to a challenge, SOST, "The Sisterhood of Saggy Tits" from an online quilt forum I belong to. Unfortunately it has been many months since we all finished our pieces and sent the images and artists statements to the coordinator and we are still waiting for the challenge to be posted. My decision was both economically motivated and just wanting to show it off. I have refrained from posting images or listing it as I thought it would have more impact if viewers could go to the site where the other challenge pieces were listed. Also, due to the unique subject matter it would make a bigger impact.

I have also been making and listing more of the Trees Outside My Window series. One sold and 5 others are now listed in my shop!



I have yet to bind the 2 'nearly' finished pieces. Miss ADD decided to work on ACEOs as I have sold several in the last week and can see it might be a good 'production piece' as each is truly unique, the similarity being only the size 2.5 X 3.5 inches.

I am going to go get a few things done before the day job yanks me out of the house!

My daughter will be here this weekend for winter break, nearly a full month! I am very excited! She often has a 'project' in mind for us to work on. I'm not sure if there is one this year, but no doubt we'll have time to come up with one!

No comments: