Monday, September 15, 2008

Purple Patch!

I support AAQI (Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative) and have donated priority quilts to be auctioned to raise funds for Alzheimer research! To raise awareness on World Alzheimer's Day which is coming up on September 21st, I am displaying the 'purple patch' you see in my right side bar! Julia is a friend of mine who has been dealing with this disease since I met her. Her husband, Les, has been supported by family and friends, but it is a grueling day to day task. I also have a good friend who's mother is plagued with Alzheimer's as well. Her family has been impacted in a way few people understand who do not have close experience with this disease.

To learn more about AAQI visit:
http://www.alzquilts.org/

There are quilts available for purchase. Please share your awareness of this devastating disease, we all need to support each other when we face life changing circumstances!

No comments: